Magnesium is an essential mineral for your body’s health, particularly brain health, and the fourth abundant mineral in your body. Magnesium is indispensable for your brain activities and is known as a master mineral.
What is magnesium L-threonate?
You will be fascinated to read the magnesium nicknames like “nature’s valium” and “the original chill pill”. You will also startle to know that magnesium participates in more than 300 metabolic reactions, such as; regulate blood pressure, muscle contraction, energy production, nerve signal transmission, controlling blood sugar, development of bone, protein synthesis, enzyme reactions, etc.
Foods that contain magnesium are leafy green vegetables, nuts, grains, and beans. Unfortunately, the modern diet contains magnesium less content; its deficiency directly affects your brain and nervous system activities. Magnesium is available in various forms, such as magnesium citrate, magnesium oxide, magnesium l-threonate, etc.
The most important is magnesium l-threonate due to its unique behavior and functions. It’s a salt synthesized when combined the magnesium with threonic acid that is the product of vitamin c metabolism. It exists in chelation form, which means magnesium ion bonded to another molecule, threonic acid. Chelation enhances magnesium supplements solubility, stability, and bioavailability.
How does magnesium L-threonate work?
You will be curious to know why it is so important and what specialty it holds. Wait! Let me disclose these queries.
Magnesium l-threonate can cross the blood-brain barrier and percolate where it is needed in the brain. Other magnesium supplement forms cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. It boosts brainpower and elevates memory level. However, magnesium plays a crucial role in many neurological disorders and brain-related conditions. However, only 3-ways are explored uptill now in which magnesium l-threonate works.
- Magnesium l-threonate crosses the brain-protective filter, reaches the brain’s targeted area, and performs functions.
- It also increases brain plasticity, which means captivity of brain changes and growth that are important for memory and learning.
- Magnesium l-threonate can increase the production of brain-derived neutrophilic factor (BDNF), a protein that triggers the synthesis of new healthy brain cells.
Why is magnesium L-threonate used?
Magnesium L-threonate is used because the number of benefits are linked with it. It’s enough for its significancesthat it is involved in your brain industry. It may be known as magic pills that’s builds your brainpower and makes you more energetic.
Magnesium l-threonate is the most powerful magnesium source that penetrates your brain. It is used for anti-depressive, anti-stress, anti-anxiety, and other purposes.
Magnesium high-level in the brain may prevent you from cognitive disabilities in old-age and also enhances other cognitive related conditions such as;
- Raises short and long-term memory: The research showed that magnesium l-threonate increases high magnesium levels in the brain ameliorates memory and learning abilities.
- Brain cells stimulation: Magnesium is also responsible for the communication of brain cells through neurotransmitters (chemical messengers). Magnesium’s high level triggers brain cell receptors involved in nerve cells communication. The neuron stimulation is necessary to support memory, mood, and cognitive function.
- Synapses: Magnesium high level prompt the formation of new synapsis, repairs the older synapses, and improves your memory power and strength.
Magnesium high level may help to treat a number of neurological disorders such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
- Parkinson’s disease
Research showed that patients with Alzheimer’s disease have lower magnesium content in yourCerebrospinal. Therefore, you should take magnesium l-threonate to help your brain and body work properly.
The recommended dietary allowance (RDAs) of magnesium l-threonate for females and males more than 31 years old are 320 mg and 420 mg, respectively.
Magnesium mineral is necessary for your body functions, almost involved in 80% of your body’s reactions. Magnesium l-threonate only has access to your brain world and is used to maintain high magnesium levels in the brain. It acts as magic pills that enhance your brain ability and work efficiently.